Monday, April 30, 2007

Study of Innovation and Innovative Organisations

My study of innovation and innovative organisations has began as early as in the year of 2000. One of the organisation that I have researched on is IDEO. These studies culminated in a visit to the United States of America in 2002This visit took place in about 2 months after I founded the MINDEF Innovation and Transformation Office (MITO) on 16 August 2001.

That year, the Center for Business Innovation (
CBI) hosted us to a series of seminars and on-site visits to learn how key governmental departments, leading universities, and global companies create, innovate, and enterprise in the States.



The trip, which took about 3 weeks, brought the 6 of us from the east coast to the west coast of the country, and gave us the opportunity to meet, talk and network with individuals who are leading thinkers of innovation in their respective organisations. They continue to be influential even today.

The end result was my conceptualisation of the MINDEF Innovation Framework, which is known as
RACE, and the creation of the intervention strategy called the MINDEF Innovation Programme, known as MIP. Between 2001 to 2007, I led a team that was instrumental in putting the programme in place and delivering the transformation in the SAF units and MINDEF departments.

My study and research on innovation and innovative organisations continues even after I left the Ministry in Jan 2007. Recently, I have encapulated a key part of my knowledge on innovation by publishing writings on the 'Characteristics of Innovative Organisations' on my blog.

I am very happy with the outcomes from these write-ups and I like to continue sharing these with anyone.
This article was 1st written in April 2007 and updated in Mar 2009.
Copyright 2007. Anthony Mok. All Rights Reserved.

No comments: